Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Knitting Contest


The Skacel yarn company is running knitting contest to celebrate 20 years of making Trekking sock yarns. So each month, January to June, there is a new pattern using their yarn. Each pattern is a mystery, one clue per week is given out and at the end of the month, you have a new pair of socks or fingerless gloves. There are prizes given out each week and month and a grand prize of $1,000.00 spending spree in the Skacel warehouse at the end of the contest.

These are the January socks. (Click on the pictures to make them larger) The first clue was for the toes, the second for the foot, the third for the heel and the final clue for the leg and ribbing. A portion of the cost of the yarn was donated to ovarian cancer research.


February's project was fingerless gloves. I'm not a big fan of fingerless gloves, so I've decided to turn these into mittens with a flap. The flap is finished, I just need to sew them on and then I'll have a pair of mittens and will be able to use my iPhone and keep my hands warm too.

The project for March is a pair of socks in pretty tropical colors. These are top down, in a chevron pattern and I'll post pictures of them when they are finished.

No comments: