Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

August Cricut Classes


Wow, August 2nd already. How time flies. Anyway... here are the cards for the Cricut Classes at Craft Fancy

First up, Mary wanted a card to send to her niece who is going away to college. I found this great car on the Pack Your Bags cartridge and thought it was just right for a card. I love all the images on this cartridge. I may have to do a travel album with them.



Next up, Lu wanted to do a card using the center point function, but I couldn't figure out one that I liked (I'll keep working on it Lu!). I thought I'd show another way to cut shapes in your cards. In this case, it is hexagons, with flowers to cover some of the holes. This one is from the Accent Essentials cartridge.


Next up we have a cute little bird on a branch. Janet requested a bird card. This one is from Straight from the Nest. I went a little wild with the patterned paper this month and used it in some unexpected ways. Polka dot bird anyone?



So if one bird is good, two is even better, right? This one is also from Straight from the nest. I saw a card on Pintrest that had a bird with a flower on the tail and I thought if any bird needs a flower on it's tail, this one does. 




And finally we have my favorite card. I've been wanting to make a card with a house on it for quite a while. I recently took the Stretch Your Stamps class at Online Card Classes and one of the cards was an accordion fold card. I figured this type of card would be great for my house idea. So here it is. The houses are from the Handy Man cartridge, the trees are from the Serenade cartridge and the sun and clouds are from the Create a Critter cartridge. The shapes in the middle are from the Elegant Edges cartridge. Isn't it cute?




So thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you in a class!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all the cards, but the one with the houses is really great!