Monday, October 20, 2008

Better Late than Never

I know we have been home for two weeks and I haven't posted anything about our trip to Disney World and the Disney Cruise. I got sick at the end of the trip and didn't feel like doing much of anything.

So here's the report. I'm going to break it down into several posts that way I can get more pictures in. Melissa ended up taking almost 300 pictures, and no I'm not going to show them all.

We arrived on Saturday afternoon and stayed at the Contemporary Resort. It was really nice and the monorail runs right through the building so that made getting around (at least to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom) really easy.

The soap in the bathroom make me happy. I tried several times to snitch another one to take home, but the maids kept their carts closed when they weren't around, darn it.

We had a room facing the lagoon and every night after the fireworks at the Magic Kingom, there was a lighted boat parade. You can see it here

On Sunday Melissa and I went to Epcot. The park wasn't very busy which was nice. We spent the morning in the Future World section of the park and rode the Test Track twice. Who knew I enjoyed speed so much! I would have done it a third time, but twice was enough for Melissa!

We also got to see the dolphin show which was fun. At the end, the pose for pictures. It was really funny to see them all pose and smile.

The rest of the time we ate our way around the World Showcase. The Food and Wine festival was in full swing. The theme was cities around the world and we tasted treats from several different cities, although we did skip the escargot from Paris. It was quite yummy. 
(Maple glazed salmon from Canada, quite tasty.)

After a trip on Spaceship Earth, it was time to catch the monorail back to the hotel.

Next post Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.


Perky Nihilist said...

Welcome back, Cathy.

I hope you are feeling better now.

Blogging about a trip is always so hard. When you get home your exhausted and after a few days it stops feeling relevant. Good for you for sharing it with us :-)

Glad you liked our salmon *grin*

Angela said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time and you are starting to feel better.

I was able to swipe a "Mickey" soap on our trip in August. :)

We didn't get to ride the Test Track when we went. The wait was over 2 hrs and it was too hot. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Anonymous said...

I got some soap. Guess who?