Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ravelympics

You are probably asking "what the heck is Ravelympics"? Well there is a website for knitters and crocheters called Ravelry. It is a place to show off your work, find patterns and yarn and chat with other fiber obsessed people. A group of them decided to hold a competition during the olympics. The idea is to pick a project(s) and start them during the Olympic opening ceremonies and finish them during the closing ceremonies. The project you picked was supposed to challenge you in some way.

For my event, I decided to knit a pair of gloves. I've done lots of socks, so I thought how hard could a pair of gloves be. The answer is pretty easy. 

This picture is from Saturday morning on the train into the city.


This picture is from yesterday. Last night I finished the ring finger and I am almost done with the middle finger. Not bad for four days of knitting. I'm hoping to finish up the first glove at knitting group tonight.


I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments: